Customised assessment of your living skills and functional abilities.
We can provide assessment of your ability to perform every day living tasks, including:
- The impact of mental and physical health conditions.
- Your experience, habits, routines, and preferences for doing things.
- How you are supported by other professional services, family, friends and caregivers.
- How your home and local environment supports you.
- Your personal goals related to improving your quality of life.
We use a combination of interview with you (and family or caregivers if required), observation of you doing different tasks or moving about, completion of standardised assessment tools, and review of relevant other previous reports and information to make our assessment.
We can suggest equipment, home modifications, and strategies to perform activities differently and increase your safety. We can also provide an indication of the tasks or areas of your life that you would benefit from additional support, and identify any specialist needs like medication review or sensory assessment for you to follow up.
You could be eligible for government funding to cover the cost of our services, as well as the cost of equipment and home modifications. Please ask us for more information.